Monday, November 29, 2021

Adam and Eve


I had a dear friend say to me, “It isn’t fair that God should condemn the entire human race because of one man’s mistake.  Just because Adam sinned, why are we all guilty before God?!”  That’s a fair question.  But given human nature, if any of us would have been in Adam … or Eve’s position, we would have made the same mistake.  You see, we are all made of the same stuff.  Adam was the federal head of the human race.  Let me explain.  When I voted for our senator, I sent him to Washington to represent me.  But when he votes, he does not always vote the way that I want him to vote every time.  That’s because he doesn’t just represent me; he represents a couple of million other constituents.  He votes for all of us, just like Adam represents all of us as a human race.  We are all flawed, and we are all in need of a Savior.  The bad news is found in Romans 5:12, “Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned.”  We are all in the same leaky boat.  We desperately need help.  But God already knew that and made a way for our redemption.  I Corinthians 15:45 says, “… The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.”  Jesus Christ, our deliverer, is that second Adam.  And we have been released from sin’s shackles by the work of Jesus on Calvary!  If we accept the free gift of salvation, Jesus Christ gives us back what we lost in the Garden of Eden through Adam.  Praise the Lord for Jesus Christ … the second Adam!  In Him we have redemption and in Him we are restored to our loving Creator.

No comments:

Post a Comment