Monday, November 15, 2021

Universitatea de Vest din Timișoara


In 2013 I was invited to teach a modular class in Romania on Biblical Creationism.  I spoke in church Sunday and began teaching at the Timişoara Bible Institute Monday afternoon.  Thirty pastors and twenty full-time students attended the week-long lectures.  I spoke at churches on Wednesday and Thursday evenings.  Brother Daniel arranged for me to give an evening lecture at West University in Timişoara.  There were about ten Christians and sixty curious visitors from the university.  I went through a brief survey of biblical creationism from the book of Genesis introducing Adam and Eve, man’s fall, and the sin problem.  I finished with God’s plan of redemption for mankind through the substitutionary death of Jesus Christ on the cross.  The audience was attentive with lively questions at the end.  After many had left, a young man could barely contain his anger.  He could not believe that I was disrespecting all of his teachers who believed in evolution.  How could they all be so completely wrong?!  He was actually trembling with emotion!  As I kindly reasoned with this young man, I was reminded of Felix in Acts 24 who trembled with conviction.  As Paul, in Act 24:25, “… reasoned of righteousness, temperance, and judgment to come, Felix trembled, and answered, Go thy way for this time; when I have a convenient season, I will call for thee.”  But Felix never did make a decision for Jesus Christ.  He only put it off “for a more convenient” time.  How sad, to hear the truth, to understand the truth, but to neglect the truth!  Hey when we are confronted with our sin before a holy God, there is conviction.  But what do we do when we are convicted by the Holy Spirit of God?  Do we repent or do we reject the truth?  That decision will change the trajectory of our eternity.  Hey, have you decided for Jesus?  Do it while you can.  Don’t put it off “for a more convenient time”.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment