Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Dog or Cat?


This Thanksgiving, are you going to be like a dog or a cat?  A dog says, “My master feeds me therefore he is very important.”  A cat says, “My master feeds me therefore I must be very important.”  In the whole scheme of things, is God to be thanked or is God only to give us what we rightfully deserve?  Is God more important than us, His creation, or is God our Santa Claus to give us stuff.  Paul said in Romans 12:3, “For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think of himself more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith.”  Paul tells us to think “soberly” or to think accurately about ourselves.  The truth is twofold: we are dirty rotten sinners and deserve nothing, BUT God gave us His own dear Son to redeem us, therefore in God’s eyes, we are valuable to Him.  These are hard to reconcile, but the tension is important in how we evaluate ourselves.  Hey, let’s be thankful this Thanksgiving season … thankful like a dog.  ;<)

No comments:

Post a Comment