Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Offering Plate


I have made a commitment to try to put something in the offering plate when it comes by.  I figure if I only give a dollar, that will add up to an extra $208 a year.  So, this morning when the offering plate came by in the men’s Sunday school class, I pulled out my wallet and pulled out my fold of cash.  I peeled over a ten-dollar bill, a five-dollar bill and then pulled out my one-dollar bill and dutifully put it in the plate.  But just five seconds later, my conscience was smitten.  Why didn’t I put in the ten-dollar bill or the five-dollar bill?  The dear Lord reminded me of what a cheapskate I was.  I had my check written out for the morning service, which I put in.  And the Lord gave me a chance for redemption Sunday night, so I put in the ten-dollar bill.  Hey, God has been sooooo good to me, the least that I can do is to return a little to Him.  Jesus said in Luke 6:38, “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.”  Hey, you can’t out-give God.  Never forget it!

No comments:

Post a Comment