Friday, November 12, 2021

Iron Sharpens Iron


Tonight, I was putting away the clean dishes from the dishwasher, and I went through my usual ritual: when I take out a clean knife, I whet it a few times on the sharpening rod.  It takes only moments but keeps the knives sharp.  There is nothing worse than a sharp knife that isn’t.  Solomon said in Proverbs 27:17, “Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.”  I never hit the knife and the whetting rod, I rub them close together.  One is sharpening the other by close, intense rubbing.  A friend will help another close friend by telling them when they are out of line.  They will confront - out of love - a friend who needs an honest word.  Hey, be a real friend to someone that you care about.  Don’t be afraid to tell them the truth … in love.  They will appreciate your honesty.

No comments:

Post a Comment