Thursday, November 18, 2021

Ears to Hear


My ears take a lot of upkeep, especially as I grow older.  When I comb my hair in the morning, I clean off hairs that have fallen out.  But it seems that my ears are growing more and more hair each day!  What’s going on?!  My ears itch and I have to shave those hairs.  But my ears are way on the side of my head and not easy to see.  And when I look in the mirror to use my electric shaver, everything is backwards.  Left is right and right is left.  I must be careful which way I move the shaver, or my hair and beard are in jeopardy.  But the ears on my head are not quite as important as the ears on my heart.  Yes, you heard me right (with your ears on your head), the ears on my heart.  Have you ever heard someone speak truth and the dear Lord spoke to you in His still, small voice?  Well, God spoke to you through the ears on your heart.  And be grateful that you have the tenderness to hear with your heart.  John the revelator said in Revelations 2:29, “He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.”  If you have the sensitivity to listen to God’s speaking to you, you have “ears to hear”.  If you have become calloused to spiritual things; if the dear Lord means nothing to you, you do not have ears to hear.  But when the blessed Holy Spirit tugs at your heart and speaks to your spiritual ears, O what a sweet moment it is!  Hey, close your computer, tablet, or smartphone, and get on your knees and have a sweet time of fellowship with the dear Lord right now!  Read the Bible and listen to God (with your heart’s ears) as He speaks to you … and then have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment