Wednesday, November 17, 2021

Expiration Date


Yesterday my wife went on a cleaning spree in the kitchen, which involved me too.  I like to keep frequently used things out in the open on the counter so that I can easily get to them, but she likes put things away in the cabinets.  She likes to see clean countertops.  Hey, I have my basement and she has her kitchen.  When I looked at the hamburger buns (a bag of twelve with seven left), one had a moldy spot the size of a dime.  In the trash they went.  A gallon of milk with an expiration date a week ago: gone.  I was conflicted about the sour cream.  How can you tell if sour cream is soured?  Pitch it.  I’ll get more just in case.  I must admit, after an afternoon of cleaning, the kitchen looks great!  Now to keep it that way …  Hey, there are many food items that have a shelf life.  They spoil after their expiration date.  But the Gospel never becomes out of date.  Methods may change and programs may improve, but the heart of the Gospel will always be the same.  Radio and TV becomes in vogue.  Now we have social media and blogs, but the old-time Gospel is still fresh and good for today.  Paul said in Romans 1:16, “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.”  Paul took the Gospel to the Jews first because they were his people.  We need to take the Gospel to our neighbors and acquaintances.  And then get on social media and blogs with the Gospel to the rest of the cyberworld.  Yes, it is a new world that we are living in, but the new world still needs the same, old-time Gospel.  Hey, share a tract with someone today.  You’ll be glad that you did … and so will they.

No comments:

Post a Comment