Monday, November 8, 2021

Broken Pencil Tip


This afternoon I was installing a stick style cordless vacuum cleaner.  So, I put an outlet in our linen closet and was going to attach the charging station to the wall.  The mounting plate had two holes in it, and I wanted to use two Molly screws to attach it to the wall.  So, I got a pencil, held up the mounting plate to where I wanted it to go, and scribed the two slots, top and bottom.  But when I took down the plate and looked, there were no marks on the wall.  I was puzzled.  Were the slots too narrow to permit the pencil to penetrate the holes?  But then I remembered.  At church the night before, I had dropped my pencil and the broken lead tip had fallen out.  There was no graphite on the end of the pencil, there was only hollow wood.  I got another pencil, held up the mounting plate once again, and scribed the two holes.  This time, when I took down the mounting plate, there were two clearly marked locations.  Hey, a pencil without a lead tip is useless.  It will not do what it is supposed to do.  It is disappointing.  Hey, if we do not serve our Maker, we are not doing what we were created to do, and we are disappointing to the Lord.  John said in Revelation 4:11, “Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.”  We were made to give pleasure to the Almighty God of the universe.  We are His playthings.  If we do what we were made to do, we will bring joy to our Maker.  If we don’t; we will be disappointing to Him.  Hey, did you please the good Lord yesterday?  If not, today is your second chance.  So don’t blow it!

No comments:

Post a Comment