Thursday, November 4, 2021

Van Trouble


In 2015 I was headed up to West Virginia to speak at a junior camp.  I had my van loaded with games, speakers, projector, screen, and clothes for the week.  I was into Virginia almost to Wytheville when I heard strange noises from the engine and then a sudden clunking noise.  Not good.  Then bluish-white smoke began billowing out of the exhaust and I knew the engine was blown.  I slowed, got off I-81 at exit 70, and made it into the Wal-Mart parking lot.  I called AAA, asked for a tow, and booked a rental van in Beckley, WV.  The tow truck arrived, hooked up the van, and towed me to Beckley.  The tunnel through Walker Mountain was closed with an accident, so we took the long way over the mountain from Virginia into West Virginia.  I had AAA Plus towing which allowed 100 miles of free towing.  When we arrived in Beckley, it was 94 miles.  What a blessing!  Pastor Peterson sent Brother Ryan G. with our church van to pick me up when I returned the rental van a week later.  I sold my van for scrap ($430) and rode in the church van back to Chattanooga.  I was keenly aware of the good Lord’s watch care over me during the entire ordeal and was thankful for Christian brothers who helped sacrificially.  Isaiah 26:3, “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.”  It’s so good to put your trust in the Lord above.  He can make a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment