Sunday, November 7, 2021

Old Folk

Growing older is hard, but growing old is really hard.  When I bend down to tie my shoes, I try to think of what else I need to do while I am down there.  Old people have to be economical.  Economical in their budget, economical in their time, and economical in their energy expense.  Hey, the days of working overtime are over.  Old people have to stretch their dollars.  Seniors must also use their time wisely.  Naps cut into the daily usable time.  Old people can only do so much in a day.  If I do too much, the sore muscles mean that I do nothing (but recover) the next day.  So, you see, old people must be careful and judicious in their use of money, their use of time, and their use of energy.  You might say that these are “precious” commodities.  Hey, the Lord Jesus Christ is a precious commodity as well.  And many old people have come to realize just how precious Jesus really is.  Peter said in I Peter 2:7, “Unto you therefore which believe he is precious …”  Just like a precious gemstone, Jesus is precious to those who have been saints of God for a long time.  Charles Gabriel wrote,

So precious is Jesus, my Savior, my King,

His praise all the day long with rapture I sing;

To Him in my weakness for strength I can cling,

For He is so precious to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment