Friday, November 19, 2021

Craving


Have you ever had a craving?  I have.  I start thinking about chicken minis from Chick fil-A in the afternoon (when minis are not sold).  The craving grows and grows into a full obsession that can only be satisfied by … you guessed it: chicken minis the next morning at Chick fil-A.  I remember back in 1971 when I was dating Kathy Papastavro (now Kathy Whitely).  In the days before cell phones, I would drive out on my lunch break (1/2 hour) to a phone booth just to hear her voice for a few minutes.  I would lay out my eight quarters - one for three minutes - and satisfy my craving to talk to my girlfriend.  I missed lunch just to talk to my sweetie.  I was in love.  Sunday after noon, I crave a nap.  Hey, do you crave a close relationship with your Maker?  Do you long to spend a few minutes in His presence?  David hunted deer many times with hounds.  The hart runs and runs until it is run the ground by the dogs.  David said in Psalm 42:1, “As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.”  In the middle of a hunt, the hart longs for a drink from a cool pool of water.  Hey, do you long for the Lord?  Do you crave His presence?  Shut down your device, get out your Bible, and spend time with the dear Lord.  You’ll be glad that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment