Thursday, August 11, 2022

Generous Tip

My oldest daughter came into town for a visit this past weekend bringing her whole family with her.  Many of the rest of the family converged on a coffee shop on Ooltewah for a morning of coffee and conversation.  My twelve-year-old grandson (to remain unnamed) was there because his school hadn’t started yet.  We were sitting around talking and Bennett wanted a cookie.  Oh my, I let his name slip.  Oh, well …  So, Aunt Becky gave Bennett her credit card pointing out the chip and telling him how to use it (I actually think he already knew how to use it).  Bennett got his cookie, and soon wanted a Sprite.  Out came Aunt Becky’s credit card again.  Then he wanted a vanilla steamer and he used the credit card again.  Aunt Becky didn’t mind because she lives out of town and uses every opportunity to spoil Bennett.  Becky said, “Bennett, you have been nickel-and-diming that poor barista.  You should have given her a tip.”  Bennett said, “Oh, I did.  Last time I gave her eight dollars.”  Yikes!  But Aunt Becky just laughed.  Solomon said in Proverbs 11:25, “The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.”  I’m sure that Bennett contributed to the barista’s good humor that morning!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment