Thursday, August 25, 2022

Masterpiece


One Saturday afternoon, when I was a teenager, I was nosing around in the basement.  On my dad’s workbench, I found an interesting block of aluminum.  It had several unusual angles on it with a groove down the middle.  One of the edges was exactly beveled at a 45° angle.  It had no screw holes nor bolt holes for attaching anything to it, and it was very smooth.  I asked my dad about it, and he said, “Oh, that’s my test piece from when I finished machinist school at Glenn L. Martin Company.  I had to read a blueprint and make the piece exactly like the blueprint.”  So this block of aluminum was my dad’s ‘masterpiece’ that he had made.  Hey, God has made a masterpiece too, and it is you!  Paul said in Ephesians 2:10, “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.”  We are God’s ‘masterpiece.’  The word, ‘workmanship’ in the verse is the Greek word ‘poiema’ from which we get the word ‘poem’.  You are God’s crowning work!  You are God’s beautiful poem: a work of art that the Master Creator has made!  You are important to God and were made specifically by Him to give Him glory.  Hey, glorify God today, and you will be a beautiful poem for your Maker!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment