Sunday, August 21, 2022

Wealthy and Generous


I heard this story Friday:  Alexander the Great had a trusted general who came to him and asked Alexander to pay for his upcoming wedding.  Alexander agreed and scrawled out a note to his treasurer.  A few days later, the treasurer came to Alexander in frustration and said, “Your general is going to bankrupt the country!  He is asking for everything and expecting you to pay for it!  What should I do?!  Alexander thought for a minute and said, “Go ahead and pay for everything.  First, I am honored that he would think that I am so wealthy and so generous that he could ask for such extravagance.  And second, I want everyone else to think that I am so wealthy and so generous that I would grant a general such an open hand.”  Hey, the dear Lord is just that radically generous to us!  If we come to God with our needs, He is bending low, listening to us, his dear children.  Jesus said in Luke 11:13, “If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?”  God is ready and willing to hear our request.  That is, if we are His children.  Hey, do you belong to the Lord?  Are you part of God’s forever family?  I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment