Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Self-Control


I am an eat-aholic.  No, I am not gluttonous, I just like to eat all the time.  I could lose weight if I just went to bed at 6 pm, right after supper, … well, … actually, for me, supper never ends.  It goes on and on until bedtime.  I think I just snack out of boredom.  But it’s just a lack of self-control.  Solomon said in Proverbs 25:28, “He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.”  Back in those days, a city was helpless without walls to protect it.  And in verse 16, Solomon said, “Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it.”  Ouch!  And Paul goes on to say in Galatians 5 that self-control is one of the fruits of the Spirit.  “Dear Lord, help me with self-control today.”  Anyone care to join me in that prayer?!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment