Monday, August 8, 2022

Repairing Pallets

 


Friday evening, I went by the back of Lowe’s to collect some pallets to use for an upcoming shipment to Romania.  The pallets were well-used and some of the boards were pulled loose.  When I got them home, I took the pallets off the truck one at a time and inspected and repaired them before stacking them in my driveway.  I had to straighten the nails that were bent over in the loose boards.  Then I had to hammer back the nails, pull them out, and then straighten them before using them again.  My memory slipped back sixty years when I used to build tree houses in Maryland.  I used boards from left-over pallets and reused the nails.  I remember rolling those nails with my fingers on a flat surface to find the least little bend and straightening them out putting them back into service.  The skills that I developed as a ten-year-old boy were used Friday afternoon as a seventy-two-year-old man repairing pallets that would carry warm coats and mattresses to a Bible Study center in Surduc, Romania.  How good God has been to me over the years!  Paul said in I Thessalonians 5:24, “Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.”  God is indeed faithful.  And may He always find us faithful in His service.

No comments:

Post a Comment