Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Tiny Light


My dear wife was released from the hospital Thursday, and I couldn’t wait to leave and get home.  But at home, I realized that I had left my cellphone charger in the outlet in her hospital room.  I bought another charger/USB connector at Walmart and plugged in my phone … just in time.  I had only 6% battery life left!  But as I got up to go to the bathroom in the wee hours of Friday morning, I had an unexpected extra blessing: the phone charger had a tiny blue indicator light that was lighting my way to the bathroom.  It was so small that I had not even noticed it when I had plugged in the charger.  But in the darkness, that little light was sufficient for me to see the dresser corner, the bedpost, and the office chair that were all in my way.  The tiny light was enough to shed light on the dangers around me.  Hey, the Lord calls Christians to be lights to point others to God.  Jesus said in Matthew 5:16, “Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.”  You may be only one person, and your light (testimony) may be small, but you are useful … to God and to your fellow man.

No comments:

Post a Comment