Monday, August 29, 2022

Refreshing Water

 


My son-in-law, Alex, owns a greenhouse with his two brothers.  But Alex is the business end of the operation.  Alex says, “Ron and Tim make the flowers grow, but I turn them into money.”  Alex may not know all of the ins and outs of growing flowers, but he does know how to please my wife (his mother-in-law).  When Alex comes for a visit, he brings the back of his SUV full of flowers.  And soon, our back deck looks gorgeous, thanks to a thoughtful son-in-law.  But occasionally, I forget to water the flowers.  And when I do, it’s easy to see.  I come outside to enjoy the back yard … but the flowers are all droopy and wilted.  I turn on the water, fill up a bucket, and begin taking a drink of fresh water with the watering can to each of the flowerpots.  Within fifteen minutes, each flower has perked up and is looking great again.  In John chapter 4, the woman from Sychar was thirsty when she came to the well just outside of the city.  She was surprised when Jesus, a Jew, asked her, a Samaritan, for a drink of water.  But after some conversation, Jesus offered the woman ‘living water’.  Jesus said in John 4:13&14, “… Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life.”  Hey, have you had a drink of this ‘living water’ that Jesus spoke of?  Has the living water that Jesus offers made a difference in your soul?  Let His living water refresh your life!  It will perk you right up!

No comments:

Post a Comment