Sunday, August 7, 2022

New and Improved


I like to work outside and have a worktable that I use.  But when I work away from home, I need a portable table for my miter saw and other things.  Years ago, I put together some 2X4’s and made a table to fit on top of THE ladder rack on my truck.  But in five years, it had deteriorated, and I had to discard it and make a better one.  Last week, I unloaded my table and put it on my sawhorses and used it at Mr. Gary’s house.  But when I loaded it back onto my truck, I saw pieces of the old table left in the driveway.  So now it’s time to make a fifth, new and improved portable table.  This new one will be a bit longer and two boards narrower.  It isn’t that narrower is better, it’s that I am old and don’t want to keep lifting a wider and heavier one.  Oh, well …  Hey, there are many things in life that we keep improving on.  But the plan to redeem the souls of mankind has never changed.  That’s because God’s plan, from the foundation of the worlds, has been perfect - no need for improvement.  The only need is for us to apply God’s perfect plan.  Jesus told Nicodemus in John 3:16, “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.”  Have you accepted God’s perfect plan of salvation?  Has your soul been redeemed from sin and death?  If not, why not accept God’s gift of salvation today?  You’ll be glad that you did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment