Saturday, August 6, 2022

Lost

 


Four years ago, at our Calvary senior class yard sale, my sister showed me a high school class ring that she had found in a box of stuff.  With the price of gold soaring, I got excited.  But my excitement was short-lived.  It was a cheap alloy made to look like real gold.  But I was intrigued, and my detective curiosity kicked in.  The ring was from Cambridge, Maryland class of 1991.  On the inside of the ring was a name, “Thomas ___”.  I googled the name but found hundreds of Thomas ___, along with obituaries for some.  So, I am still investigating.  I don’t know how such a sentimental item as a class ring could end up at a yard sale 700 miles away from the owner.  Hey, many folk lose important things all the time, and I’m sure you have lost something of value.  But the dear Lord never loses anything … or anyone because we are dear to Him.  Jesus said in John 6:37, “All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.”  Thomas ___ may have lost his class ring, but Jesus Christ will never lose you or me!  What a comfort!

No comments:

Post a Comment