Monday, September 26, 2022

Comfort Vs. Rest


I bought one of those memory foam mattresses for the spare bedroom in our house.  I tried it, and it sleeps very well.  A mattress can be soft and make me comfortable, but a mattress cannot provide me rest.  Only a clear conscience and peace from the dear Lord can provide me rest.  Jesus said in Matthew at 11:28-30, “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.”  Hey, Simmons may provide comfort, but only Jesus can provide rest.  If your mind is cluttered at night with fears, doubts, and worries, don’t shop for a new mattress, don’t reach for a seeping pill, open your Bible and look to Jesus.  Only Jesus can give you rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment