Sunday, September 4, 2022

Wildflowers


Two weeks ago, I was surprised to notice some flowers blooming in front of the Georgia Welcome Center.  What I had thought were weeds left unmowed by GDOT were actually wildflowers planted to make the highway a little brighter.  Thank you, highway workers, and my apologies.  A week ago, I stopped by to get a picture of the flowers, and it’s a good thing that I did, because today, I noticed that they had been mowed down.  These beautiful wildflowers lasted only a couple of weeks.  But for those few short weeks, they were gorgeous!  I was reminded of what Jesus said in Matthew 6:30, “Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?”  If the dear Lord cares for a few wildflowers beside the interstate, and if God cares about a few sticks that are just burned up for heat, surely, He cares for you and me!  Why should we doubt the love of the Lord for us?!  Hey, trust the Lord; He will never fail you!

No comments:

Post a Comment