Friday, September 23, 2022

Two Kinds of People

Last night I went home from the hospital to take a shower, change clothes, and get a few items for me wife.  When I got back it was about 8:30 pm.  I knew that the main entrance was open until 9, but the old entrance was much closer to where my wife’s room was, so I parked at the old entrance and took a chance that it was open too.  As I walked toward the door, a hospital worker had come out the door was walking toward me, so I asked, “Is the door still open?”  She answered, “No, but there is someone sitting inside who may let you in.”  She went on to her car and I went on to the closed door.  When I came to the closed automatic door, I saw a hospital worker sitting inside.  I stopped and deliberately looked at the posted hours, hoping that she would see me and offer to let me in.  But she called out loudly to me, “The door is closed at 5 pm.”  I wanted to pretend not to hear her so that she would get up, walk closer to me to make herself be heard, and unintentionally open the automatic door for me … but I didn’t.  I just turned around, walked back to my car, and drove around to the main entrance, which was still open.  As I took the loooong walk down the loooong hallway to my wife’s room, I thought, “Two different people with two different outlooks.  One was willing to help, but the other one would only follow the rules.  Hey, are we Christians like that?!  Are we willing to help others and to get involved in their lives?  Or do we just don’t care and don’t bother to get involved?  Peter said in I Peter 3:10&11, “For he that will love life, and see good days, … Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.”  Hey, help someone today.  Do a kind deed.  You will help them, and in doing so, you will help yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment