Thursday, September 29, 2022

Be an Overachiever


 

I was a smart kid in school.  I never did homework and I really never really tried at schoolwork, but I got B’s and C’s with an occasional A mixed in.  But in high school, there was one girl who did her very best.  Deena S. wasn’t that smart, but she worked hard.  What she lacked in brains, she made up in sheer willpower.  She devoured her textbooks and did every assignment to the best of her ability.  After graduation, I never saw Deena again.  I don’t know what happened to Deena, but I am confident that whatever career she pursued, she was a success.  That’s because Deena was motivated to do her best.  And in the Bible, the apostle Paul was just that motivated.  Paul persecuted Christians when the church was just beginning, and he did it with fervor.  But Paul saw a vision of the Lord Jesus Christ on the road to Damascus, and he was miraculously born again.  And he was never the same.  Paul was motivated to serve the Lord Jesus Christ.  Paul said in Philippians 4:13, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.”  There was nothing that was going to stop the apostle Paul from serving Jesus.  Hey, are you motivated to serve Jesus?  Is Jesus dear to you?  Even if you aren’t the brightest crayon in the box, you can serve Jesus.  Just give Him what you have and serve Him fervently.  Hey, surrender your life to Jesus Christ, and you’ll be glad that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment