Friday, September 2, 2022

Uncle Bill


My Uncle Bill M. was an unusual man.  My first recollection of him was as a blind man.  But he wasn’t always blind.  He lost his eyesight in a firefight on a navy ship in WWII.  The Veteran’s Administration supplied him with things to make his life better.  He had access to audio libraries, recording devices, speaking watches … you name it.  My Papaw was a plumber and installed all of the pipes in Uncle Bill’s new house.  Uncle Bill stayed right with Papaw during the construction, and Uncle Bill knew where every pipe in the basement went to.  I was standing beside Papaw when my dad and Uncle Bill were talking.  Uncle Bill said that he appreciated the Veteran’s Administration for building him a new house.  Uncle Bill went on, “But I would give this entire house just to see the color of my daughter’s hair.”  Thank you, Uncle Bill for your service to keep us free.  Hey, there was another handicapped person mentioned in Acts chapter three.  Peter and John went up to the Temple in Jerusalem to pray and were met by a lame beggar.  Acts 3:6, “Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.”  And the lame man leaped up and went running out of the Temple!  People were shocked to see him run by!  But God wanted to show the people His power through the apostles.  And God wants to show you His power today!  Why not let Jesus direct your steps today?!  My Uncle Bill is walking around streets of gold right now, looking around in wonder at all that God has prepared for him!  And the dear Lord has wonderful things prepared for you too!  Why not let God be in control of your life today?!  You’ll be glad that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment