Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Sure Sure


Monday, we enjoyed barbeque ribs for Labor Day.  They take a long time to cook, so we ate a little late in the day.  A little too late for barbeque ribs to be churning around in my stomach.  I tried to sleep Monday night, but the ribs kept fighting me.  So, about midnight, I got up to get some relief from the medicine cabinet.  I slid out of bed and tiptoed into the bathroom so as not to disturb my dear wife.  I knew exactly where the Ziplock bag of heartburn softchews were, so I worked quietly and efficiently in the dark.  I felt with my fingernails and opened the bag and unwrapped one chew, and then another.  After a third, I felt much better, and quietly resealed the Ziplock closure.  As I silently closed the medicine cabinet door, I had a terrible thought.  “The Dulcolax bag is has a Ziplock exactly like the heartburn chews bag.  The Dulcolax are softchews wrapped exactly like the heartburn chews.  Am I sure that I got the right bag? …”  Sometimes you are sure, but only 99% sure.  Hey, when it comes to something like your eternal destiny, 99% sure is not enough!  You need to be 100% sure that when you take your last breath here on earth that you will take the next breath in heaven.  Hey, don’t be 99% sure; be 100% sure of eternal life!  When you breathe heavenly air, you’ll be glad that you made sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment