Saturday, September 3, 2022

Continue


I remember my teachers In elementary school, and each had an impact upon my life.  I began in the first grade, and then the second, and then … Each grade built upon the next.  But thanks to my parents, I continued year after year.  I remember hearing my children giving advice to each other when they were doing homework at our dining room table.  My youngest son was in the second grade and lamenting over his math homework.  “This borrowing and subtracting is so hard!” he said.  But his sister was in the fifth grade and replied, “Just wait until you get to fractions if you think borrowing is hard!”  Then her eighth-grade brother spoke up and said, “Fractions are easy compared to algebra!”  But finally, his eleventh-grade sister said, “Algebra is easy compared to Geometry!”  Each had their own challenges to face!  But math is sequential and is built upon, one year at a time.  Dr. Luke explains the success of the early church in Act 2:42, “And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.”  The key is that they continued.  They built upon the truth that Jesus had left them, and they continued.  Hey, don’t give up!  Don’t quit!  Continue in your faith!  When you meet your Savior one day, you’ll be glad that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment