Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Effecient


So, … I think that I’m weird.  I have these quirky ways that I think are unique to me.  But maybe not.  Maybe you are weird too.  But I don’t know about you because you haven’t been truthful with me yet.  So, I’ll go first: I don’t like to waste time, and I don’t like to waste energy.  When I go downstairs to take a load of laundry to the washer, on the way back upstairs, I bring a pitcher full of bird seed for the back yard birdfeeder.  I have efficiently used the trip downstairs and upstairs.  But then I have the empty pitcher upstairs to take back downstairs.  So, when I take the pitcher downstairs, I bring back upstairs the empty clothes basket because the clothes are now in the washer.  Since we take clothes off hangers, use the clothes, and throw them into the dirty clothes basket, hangers collect upstairs and I need to take them downstairs to hang the clean clothes on.  But I can’t take the hangers downstairs too soon.  I need to time my downstairs hanger-trip so that when I am downstairs, I can take the clothes out of the washer and put them in the dryer.  And the clothes that just finished in the dryer can be taken out and hung up on the hangers that I just brought down, so I can bring the hangered clothes upstairs and efficiently into my closet and my wife’s closet.  Am I efficient, or lazy, or just crazy?!  Solomon said in Proverbs 21:2, “Every way of a man is right in his own eyes: but the LORD pondereth the hearts.”  I think that I’m efficient and clever.  But you may think that I’m crazy.  But what either one of us thinks doesn’t really matter.  God is the One who knows the heart.  Hey, please God today.  You’ll be glad that you did.

No comments:

Post a Comment