Monday, September 12, 2022

Selfies

I have many friends on facebook.  I’m not sure if they are “real” friends, or people who just want to have me as another of one of their hundreds of facebook friends.  Anyway, on a facebook friend’s birthday, I wish them well and look at a few of their photos to get an idea of how their family/friends/work is going.  But yesterday, I looked at one friend’s photos (to remain anonymous) and they were all selfies.  And I really mean ALL.  The more that I looked, the more selfies there were.  I had to go back 11 photos before I saw a picture of her mother … and her (oops, I have just narrowed it down to a female).  And I went back 74 photos of selfies before I saw a picture of Santa.  And you guessed it, it was Santa with her!  And back almost three years was a picture of her and Donald Trump (a cardboard fake Donald Trump).  Hey, there is nothing wrong with a selfie on facebook, but 87 selfies in a row?!  Please!  Solomon said in Proverbs 11:2, “When pride cometh, then cometh shame: but with the lowly is wisdom.”  There is a little kid’s chorus that spells out JOY: Jesus, and Others and You.  You will be much happier if you put Jesus first, others next, and you and your selfies last. 

No comments:

Post a Comment