Friday, October 27, 2023

Bad Pumpkin!

 


I had to run out to the grocery store to get a few items Thursday morning.  Three of the Sinclair “kids” were coming over Thursday afternoon, so I bought a big pumpkin for them to carve.  I was so excited to find a really large one!  I put everything in the back of my Scion X-B, and placed the milk, cokes, and other items strategically around the pumpkin so that it wouldn’t roll around in the back.  But when I got home and opened the hatch, the pumpkin had rolled around.  As a matter of fact, it smashed the bread, bent the containers of cottage cheese and butter, and caved in the milk.  The milk lid held firm, for which I am grateful!  I didn’t hear anything happening, but the pumpkin quietly threw around its weight destroying everything in its path.  That large pumpkin behaved like some members in church (Not my church nor yours, but someone else’s church) … bullying and intimidating other quieter folk.  Without noticing, they roll over others and push their will upon more timid members.  Paul tells us in Philippians 2:3, “Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.”  If we esteem others better than ourselves, we will not roll over them.  Bad pumpkin, bad, bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment