Thursday, October 12, 2023

Deteriorate

 


A few years ago, Kathy and I bought a 2012 Hyundai Accent.  It was a used car, but nice.  As a matter of fact, my niece said, “I don’t mean to be ugly, Uncle Gerald, but I never thought that you would have such a nice car!”  And she was right!  The salesman at the dealership in Cartersville told me that I needed an insurance rider.  He said that when I drove the car off the lot, it depreciated $2,000 immediately, and if I got into an accident on the way home, my insurance would need a supplement to replace my car.  It was a used car salesman tactic, but true nonetheless.  Hey, most things in life wear out and deteriorate over time.  I eventually sold my “nice” car for junk (after it was wrecked).  Hey, don’t put your heart into “things” that will not last.  Jesus said in Matthew 16:26, “For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?”  Hey, you would be wise to seek God first.  Because your soul and your heavenly Father will last forever and forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment