Tuesday, October 10, 2023

The Goodness of God

 


Monday morning, I finished my 7th session of cardiac rehab at Memorial hospital.  It was exhausting but fulfilling.  Before I begin, the staff gives me a heart monitor and they watch me carefully checking my blood pressure and heart rate often.  At the end of my rehab session, I walked the indoor track three times to cool down.  After a final blood pressure check, I walked out the door and down the hallway on the way to my car.  But as I turned the corner on the 2nd floor, I walked past the cardiac waiting area … where folk were waiting for their loved ones in heart surgery.  This is where my family waited for me to have a heart catheterization just over two weeks ago!  I was reminded of careful doctors, nurses, and staff who took my problems seriously.  I was reminded of many folk who prayed for me and for my anxious family.  Thank you.  Really.  And a special thank you to the dear Lord Who sent His guardian angels to watch over everyone mentioned above!  David said it best in Psalm 107:1, “O give thanks unto the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endureth for ever.”  I can say a hearty “Amen!” to that.  Hey, do you realize that God is watching over you too?!  He is protecting you and guiding your steps today.  Why not thank Him for His goodness and mercy in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment