Friday, October 13, 2023

Treasures

 


I have a small drawer in a dresser in the bedroom where I keep some treasures.  I have mementos from my dad, who passed away in 1994. I have two pairs of suspenders, two boxes of cuff links, a box of tie clips, and a box of nail clippers.  I don’t do anything with my treasures, and they really aren’t that valuable.  But they are important to me because they remind me of my dad.  But my dad is gone from this earth.  And often I need to remind myself that my dad is alive and well living in heaven.  The mementos in my drawer remind me of the reality that my dad is in heaven.  Jesus said in Matthew 6:19-21 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven … for where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.”  My dad is in heaven, and very soon, I will see him again and be with him in that wonderful land.  Hey, are you ready to meet your loved ones in that beautiful place?  Are you ready to meet Jesus Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment