Friday, October 20, 2023

Sanitizing or Resting?

 

At Memorial Cardiac Rehab, when I move from the stationary bicycle to the rowing machine, to the treadmill, and then to the dumbbells, the staff at cardiac rehab has taught me to sanitize the equipment that I have just used.  And since these machines are taxing to my strength, I take my time sanitizing them.  I have noticed that I am careful about each crevice and surface because while I am cleaning, I am resting, and my old body is crying out for a break!  And in my spiritual life, I often become weary in doing the right thing.  Sowing the good seed of the Word of God becomes weariness.  Jesus said in Mark 4:19, “And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.”  Rather than giving in to my weariness and slowing down, I need to regain my zeal to do God’s will in my life.  I need to revitalize!  Hey, what about you?!  Are you weary in serving Jesus?  Have you cooled in your fervor for Jesus?  Take a deep breath, throw down that sanitizing wipe, and get back on that exercise bike … for the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment