Saturday, October 28, 2023

Ten Count Minis

 



The other day, I took my grandson to Chick fil-A for breakfast.  I ordered my usual: a four-count mini with senior coffee.  Then I told him to order.  He looked questioning, so I said, “Order anything that you want.  But remember, you have to eat everything that you order.”  So Bennett confidently said, “A ten-count mini meal.  Large sprite please.”  I corrected him, “Make that a small sprite.”  And then I said to him, “They have free refills, and a small sprite is cheaper.”  And I smiled at him with a wink.  Pastor Roth was feeding his four teen-age boys years ago and said, “I’m just trying to keep you alive, not fill you up.”  I understand his logic.  Teenage boys have quite the appetite!  It’s too bad that we don’t have the same appetite for the Lord!  Jesus said in His Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5:6, “Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.”  As my grandson continues to grow, he may not be filled with food, but I pray that he is satisfied with the dear Lord’s righteousness.

No comments:

Post a Comment