Monday, October 23, 2023

Graduation

 


My insurance covered 12 cardiac rehab sessions.  Now I have “graduated” to phase 3, which is a three-a-week exercise class.  I put my certificate up on the refrigerator, just like I used to do with the kids’ school papers.  When my rehab therapist gave me the certificate, I asked him if I was “magna cum laude” or “summa cum laude”.  He didn’t bother to answer me.  In phase 2 cardiac, I had a heart monitor with three electrodes on my chest.  A nurse monitored the six of us in the class as we exercised.  I couldn’t see what was going on inside of my chest, but the nurse could … at least the medical part of what was going on.  But no one but the Holy Spirit can see the evil thoughts that crop up in my heart, and I am thankful.  I am glad for the convicting power of the Holy Spirit in my life.  He reminds me when my spiritual heart needs to be “supervised”.  Last Sunday evening, Brother Josh spoke from John 14 on the Holy Spirit.  His text was John 14:1, “Let not your heart be troubled …”  And I am grateful for the convicting and comforting power of the Holy Spirit.  Aren’t you?!  If you don’t know what I an talking about, shoot me a message on Messenger and we can talk.  You need to.  Really.

No comments:

Post a Comment