Tuesday, October 24, 2023

Dangerous Drivers

 Monday started my new phase 3 cardiac rehab, which opens at 6 am. Yikes! I dropped off my wife at dialysis at 5:30 and drove to Memorial hospital where I started my exercise regimen. I finished about 7 am, and I leisurely drove back to pick her up at 9 am. But at 7 am I was the only person driving leisurely. Most people get up late (especially on Monday mornings) and drive like there is no tomorrow, which might be true for them. One black sedan zipped past me on the right, cut in front of me, and whipped into the left lane, just to get one car-length ahead of another driver in the left lane. An impatient fellow came around from behind me and blew past me as I slowed for a yellow light. He made it through the intersection just as the light turned red. I hope he made it to work, but I had my doubts. But my faith in mankind was restored by a trucker on the interstate. As the right lane ended, the semi-truck driver turned on his turn signal attempting to merge into my lane. I flashed my headlights and slowed to let him in. After he completed his lane switch, he flashed his clearance lights saying “thank you” to me. An over-the-road gentleman, I thought. But as I shook my head at dangerous drivers, I was reminded of James 4:14, “… For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.” Life is fleeting. Don’t make it shorter by the way that you drive. Tomorrow morning, leave a little earlier and take your time driving. Be especially courteous to a driver in a dark purple X-B Scion. That would be me!

No comments:

Post a Comment