Saturday, October 21, 2023

Christian Bookstore

 

Yesterday, my wife and I drove by Hamilton Place Mall.  And on our way, we passed by a little strip mall where the Christian Bookstore had been.  But the Christian bookstore was closed, and in its place was a CBD store.  What a shame.  Now, I’m not going to get preachy about cannabis.  I know the pros and cons about using cannabis oil for pain.  I’m just sayin’.  I was just sad that the location was no longer selling Bibles but was now selling pot.  And this little snapshot is a picture of our entire cultural slide.  America is declining!  Yes, we are!  And marijuana use is not the problem; it is only a symptom of the decline in loving God and loving one another.  We are no longer a God-fearing nation.  We are a nation of selfish, hedonistic, pleasure-seeking people!  Look at the evening news; look at the protesting college students; look at the movie offerings; and look at the billboards beside the highway.  It’s time for Christians to wake up and become the salt and light that we are supposed to be!  The problems in our nation are not because of the CBD shop; the problem is with us as lazy Christians!  Israel had the same problem 3,000 years ago.  The dear Lord said in II Chronicles 7:14, “If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”  The Lord is ready to bring revival.  The Lord is ready to bring us back to one nation under God.  The problem isn’t with God the problem is with us, the people of God!  Hey, let’s pray!

No comments:

Post a Comment