Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Whiskey Thief

 


My son-in-law is a deputy sheriff, and he tells me that I shouldn’t talk to strangers.  But I just can’t resist conversations.  Tuesday evening, on the way home, I stopped by Mapco to fill up with gas.  My wife wanted a Capuchino, so I went inside to get it for her.  I got the Capuchino and got in line behind a disgruntled customer.  When it was my turn, I asked the cashier, “How’s it going tonight?”  My mistake.  The cashier huffed and said, “I have one hour left and this shift has been terrible!”  She went on, “I have three pumps acting up and a man came in, grabbed a flask of whiskey, and stuffed it into his pants – right in front of me!  When I confronted him, he just went into the bathroom.  Then a lady came in, and I told her what this guy had just done, and she said, ‘That’s my husband!’  When the man came out of the bathroom, his wife began yelling at him calling him every name in the book.”  The cashier went on, “The wife followed the man out of the store yelling all the way to the car!”  The cashier giggled and said, “That man’s wife is going to give him more grief than the cops would ever have!”  I said, “They deserve each other.” and the cashier agreed.  Solomon agreed with both of us and said in Proverbs 25:24, “It is better to dwell in the corner of the housetop, than with a brawling woman and in a wide house.”  The thief may have gotten his whiskey for free, but he paid for it dearly … all the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment