Friday, December 12, 2014

I Peter 5:3



I Peter 5:3 Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock. Yesterday we were told that the pastor is to feed the flock of God. Today we are told how he should act as he feeds the flock of God. The pastor should not be bossy like a king, but he should be gentle and lead by being a good example. Years ago, while I was in college, I had a job working on a furnace that melted iron to make fire hydrants. It was hot, dirty work. Often, my boss would step up and take my tools and say, “Here, let me do your job for a minute. Just take a break.” I would be grateful. I would go get a drink of water and sit down to cool off for a minute. But soon I would notice that my boss was up there doing my job. I would feel guilty and go back and take over my job, refreshed and ready to work. My boss was smart. He could get me to work without me realizing that he was getting me to work! And that is how a good pastor should be. He should teach us and get us to do the work of building God's church. He should not be pushy; he should just be a good example.

No comments:

Post a Comment