Friday, December 19, 2014

II Peter 1:14,15



II Peter 1:14,15 Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ hath shewed me. Moreover I will endeavour that ye may be able after my decease to have these things always in remembrance. Peter was getting old when he wrote this. He knew that the time of his death was drawing near. He used the example of a tabernacle – a tent. When you are on a long hike, you put up a tent and spend the night. In the morning you take down the tent, roll it up, put it in your backpack, and move on. You may have had a good campfire that night and enjoyed the evening, but you don’t cry when you leave. It is just time to move on. That is what Peter is saying. the time of his death was drawing nearer, but he wasn’t upset. He was just going to move on to heaven, just like our hiker. I think of that often. I am growing older too. And I am excited to see my Savior and my father and my grandfather and ... well, you get it. I will miss all of you and you will miss me, but that is part of the cycle of life. And I will leave all of these devotions behind. When you grow up and have a family, you can have devotions with them and with me once again! And you will remember my words and how much I loved my Savior. And someday we will be all together once again. Peter knew that; I know that; and now you know that.

No comments:

Post a Comment