Friday, January 24, 2020

2020 Vision


I remember in college singing the old hymns in chapel service.  I didn’t need to open up my hymnal to sing because my eyes were so good that I could follow the words of the song from the open hymnal held by a student in the row in front of me.  But now, I need glasses for reading.  My eyes are getting older and I have lost that great vision that I used to have.  Don’t be too quick to laugh at me; you’re getting older too!  That’s the way all of us are.  As time goes on, we lose our physical vision - but often we lose our spiritual vision as well.  We used to see well, but we don’t any more.  And we used to be close to God, but we aren’t any more.  Hey, we need to get that spiritual vision back.  We can get our physical vision back (somewhat) by getting glasses or contacts.  And we can get our spiritual vision back by getting back into reading God’s Word, the Bible.  Solomon said it in Proverbs 29:18, “Where there is no vision, the people perish…”  We need to get our spiritual vision back.  Make a commitment to do so right now.  I’ll see you in church this Sunday.  I’ll save you a seat.

No comments:

Post a Comment