Saturday, January 18, 2020

Need a Boost or Give a Boost?


I drive a 1996 GMC pick-up truck.  It’s not much to look at, but it gets me and my tools from point A to point B.  I have only owned one new car in my life: a 1974 Gremlin.  Now, stop that laughing.  That’s not very nice.  I paid $2,700 for it brand new in Rockwood, Tennessee.  I drove it for almost ten years and sold it for $600.  I always carried jumper cables in the trunk of that car because I needed to be prepared.  Many a time I have sat in a parking lot with my hood up waiting for someone to offer to help me with a jump.  So, a week ago, I just realized that I still carry jumper cables in my trunk, but now it is for a different reason.  I carry jumper cables now so that I can help others who need a Jump.  Hey, God has been good to me through the rough times, and now I am able to help others.  Can I give you a bit of advice?  Don’t forget where you came from so that you will remember to help others who are where you used to be.  Paul said it in II Corinthians 1:3&4, “Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.”  Don’t get too uppity; remember what it was like when you were poor.  Help another human being and be a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment