Thursday, January 30, 2020

Paper Cut


Have you ever gotten a “paper cut”?  They really hurt!  It’s hard to believe a little sheet of paper 3 thousandths of an inch thick can do such damage.  Well, yesterday, I was sitting at my computer typing.  But I was distracted by a tiny piece of bacon stuck between my teeth.  I should have stopped typing and gotten some dental floss, but I was on a roll and didn’t want the interruption.  I tried to pull it free with my tongue but couldn’t.  I tried to suck it free with air, but no good.  So, I picked up a piece of paper lying on my desk. It was junk mail from an insurance agent trying to get my business, so, I used it to get that annoying piece of bacon free.  After two tries, the bacon popped out and, you guessed it, I got a paper cut on my gum.  I wonder if the paper cut would be covered by the insurance agent’s business insurance.  It was kind of his fault.  Kind of.

No comments:

Post a Comment