Thursday, January 16, 2020

Benefits


Years ago, my wife and I had a good laugh.  Well, sort of.  We were low on money and were considering cashing in a life insurance policy that I had had from my college days.  As we looked at the “fine print” on the policy, it had several ways to pay out.  If you lost a leg OR an arm, you received ½ the cash value of the policy.  If you lost BOTH an arm AND a leg, you received the full value of the policy.  If you lost BOTH eyes or the use of BOTH ears, you received the full value.  And so on and so forth …  Kathy and I were calculating the least inconvenient scenario in order to collect the most money.  Not that we would ever DO any of those things to collect on - after all it was ME that we were talking about!  Hey, often we forget the benefits of belonging to God.  And God pays out much better than any life insurance company.  David said in Psalm 103:2, “Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.”  let’s not forget the benefits of God today.

No comments:

Post a Comment