Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Boys vs. Grass


A great quote by Hall of Famer, Harmon Killebrew: My father used to play with my brother and me in the yard. Mother would come out and say, “You're tearing up the grass.”  “We're not raising grass,” Dad would reply. “We're raising boys.”  No one knows what the Killebrew yard looked like.  But most baseball aficionados from the 60’s and 70’s certainly know what Harmon Killebrew did.  And Harmon Killebrew’s dad knew the importance of building into the lives of his boys.  David said in Psalm 143:8 “Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee.”  God knows what lies ahead in our lives and God can order our steps.  Hey, are you letting God direct your steps? After all, God knows exactly where you will be in the future.  Why not let Him be in charge?

No comments:

Post a Comment