Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Stair Exercises


I had knee surgery last February and have not fully recovered.  I whined to the surgeon last summer, and he said it might take longer since I’m older.  WHAT!?  I’m old!?  I have gone through two rounds of physical therapy and they have given me exercises to do.  But at times it is frustrating.  I have 15 stair treads at my house.  Each trip to the car: 30 steps up and down.  Out to the trash can: 30 steps up and down.  A load of clothes: a trip up and down to put them in, a trip up and down to transfer them from the washer to the dryer, and a trip up and down to get them out of the dryer.  When I wake up in the morning, before I get out of bed, I tighten the quad muscles of my knee 10 times, three sets.  So, without realizing it, all of those trips up and down are actually strengthening my knee muscles.  David said in Psalm 91:2 “I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.”  God knows what He is doing.  Even putting me in a house 27 years before I would need stairs to exercise my weak knee.  God knows exactly what I need years BEFORE I need it.  Hey, God knows what you need too.  Why not trust Him today to lead you through the good and the bad?  After all He is all-wise and all-powerful and has your best interest in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment