Friday, January 17, 2020

I'm Late for Church!


Last night as I backed out of my driveway, I had to wait on the neighborhood pokey driver.  As I fell in behind her, I tailgated just a little bit to help her hurry up.  It didn’t work.  I followed her up the hill and around the curves.  She had to put on the brakes several times since she almost got up to 20 MPH.  Oh, brother.  I kept praying, “Don’t turn right at the stop sign.  Don’t turn right.  Don’t turn right.”  But she did.  A mile later, at the next intersection she turned left, and I turned right.  As I sped off, I relaxed a bit.  Maybe I wouldn’t be TOO late for church.  But I soon overtook another pokey driver.  “What’s going on!?” I muttered. “This is a conspiracy.  Don’t these Turtles know that I am late for church!?  Then I realized what I was saying.  I was out of control, and all because I had made myself late for church.  If I would have left on time, I could have gotten to church on time in spite of slow drivers.  AND with a better attitude.  Thank you, Lord, for the wake-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment