Monday, January 27, 2020

My New Bike


My right knee has not recovered like I thought it should from a torn meniscus surgery last February.  I have been through two rounds of physical therapy, but it is still weak.  If I exercise it in the morning, It seems to be stronger throughout the day.  So, I have been in the market for a bicycle.  A seventy-year-old on a bicycle might not seem to be too smart, but I never was one to claim to be the brightest bulb in the pack.  So, I found a mountain bike on facebook market for $45.  Seemed like a good deal.  It looked good when I saw it, but the chain was a bit rusty.  No problem.  WD-40 can loosen up almost anything - except squeaky knees, if you know what I mean.  So, I oiled up the chain last night, but found that the shifter didn’t work.  I took it apart, and tiny little plastic pieces fell out onto the floor.  I got the model number, googled it, and found a shifter on Amazon for $10.  It should be here tomorrow.  On a lark, I looked up the bike on Wal-Mart.com and, brand new, it was $65.  Again, I never was one to claim to be the brightest bulb in the pack.  But this time I was the dimmest in the pack.  Yeah, without a doubt.  But at least with all of the work on my “new” bicycle, I did get some exercise in.  Just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment