Saturday, January 25, 2020

Masterbuilder


I like to build things.  Today, I was working on an oak stairway.  I have to be careful and measure twice before I cut a $33 board.  I like to do my best.  I’m not bragging, I am making a point.  Bear with me.  I measure each tread to the nearest ½° angle.  I like to use Liquid Nail instead of wood glue because it fills voids under the tread better.  I position the nails so that they go into the darker line in the wood so the nail head will not show.  I set the nails with a punch to make room for more wood putty.  I use wood filler instead of caulking on the painted risers and skirt boards because caulking shrinks and leaves tiny divots in the finish.  I paint the skirt and risers before installation to keep paint off of the natural finish treads and then fill and paint the nail holes.  I measure floor to floor to ensure that each step is exactly the same height.  Most homeowners never know all of the details that I look out for, but I know.  They just know that they like the stairs when I am finished.  Hey, God is the same way with the care that He uses when He is building a man.  God works on your life every day with the precision and care of a wise master builder.  He knows what He is up to and how each detail will contribute to the final completed project.  Paul said it best in Ephesians 2:10, “For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works …”  God is working on you to make a masterpiece.  Each event in your life - good or bad - works to build your life.  Are you working with God or against God?  You make that decision each day.  Think about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment